Friday, March 15, 2013

Organizing on the CHEAP!

Right now my cabinets are looking like a mess.  One reason is that I used to have a pantry and cabinet space abound but now... I have a much smaller kitchen and no pantry unless you count the lazy susan cabinet... which I don't.  So I needed to find a way to organize some of the items that I purchase in bulk.  I seriously need to avoid things like this:


 
I mean seriously who wants to see a bunch of that in their cabinets? So off to Dollar Tree I went.  From a previous project that I did with my Girl Scout Troop, I knew they had these fantastic containers that would do the trick!  I purchased 22 of them for $22.00 and went home and got to work!
At some point I think I will make some pretty labels but for now I just need to organize this mess that I have going on in my cabinets.  So with a Sharpie in hand I stared to label my containers and little by little got some organizing done.  I am fortunate that I can get two of these in one row and in some cabinets I can stack them two high.  Here is what I've accomplished so far!
Not bad for $22.00 and a couple of hours of my time!  My kitchen will be organized in no time!
 
 


No comments: