Monday, May 4, 2015

Not so Secret Recipes From Mom Part 3

I have learned a few things about my mother in law:
  1. She loved pumpkin pie, I think I found 12 copies of the same pumpkin pie recipe.  I take that back I think she loved pumpkin anything!  The amount of pumpkin related recipes alone (not counting the duplicates) is mind boggling!
  2. She had good friends that she traded recipes with and I know they were good friends because their notes always start Dear Babe.  I got all weepy when I saw the first one because I thought it might be a love letter from my Father-in-Law!
  3. It wasn't just about recipes and food.  The display or how food was arranged was also important to her I found many clippings that were just pictures of feast tables or treats arranged in a box. All of them were visually appealing!
  4. She folded paper in a very specific way.  First in half, then about in half of the first fold and then vertically in half... hard to explain but I am telling you every newspaper, or full page clipping is folded this way.
  5. Garage Sale Cookbooks are the best kind.  Almost all of her hard back Cookbooks have garage sale stickers on them.
  6. Apparently, she loved a good drink every now and then, lots of handwritten cocktails!
I honestly have no idea if she ever made any of these dishes or always intended to make them but she kept them so I have to assume that one of the two or a mixture of both was the case. 

French's Green Bean Casserole
(No Photo - or at least I couldn't get it to display)
 
Chicken & Rice Bake
Chicken Dijon in Pastry Shells
Vegetables in Pastry Shells
Chicken Broccoli Divan
Chicken Tetrazzini
Country Chicken Soup
Cranberry Pecan Stuffing
 

No comments: