- She loved pumpkin pie, I think I found 12 copies of the same pumpkin pie recipe. I take that back I think she loved pumpkin anything! The amount of pumpkin related recipes alone (not counting the duplicates) is mind boggling!
- She had good friends that she traded recipes with and I know they were good friends because their notes always start Dear Babe. I got all weepy when I saw the first one because I thought it might be a love letter from my Father-in-Law!
- It wasn't just about recipes and food. The display or how food was arranged was also important to her I found many clippings that were just pictures of feast tables or treats arranged in a box. All of them were visually appealing!
- She folded paper in a very specific way. First in half, then about in half of the first fold and then vertically in half... hard to explain but I am telling you every newspaper, or full page clipping is folded this way.
- Garage Sale Cookbooks are the best kind. Almost all of her hard back Cookbooks have garage sale stickers on them.
- Apparently, she loved a good drink every now and then, lots of handwritten cocktails!
|French's Green Bean Casserole|
(No Photo - or at least I couldn't get it to display)
|Chicken & Rice Bake|
|Chicken Dijon in Pastry Shells|
|Vegetables in Pastry Shells|
|Chicken Broccoli Divan|
|Country Chicken Soup|
|Cranberry Pecan Stuffing|