Sunday, January 25, 2009

Water Anyone???

This afternoon my daughter brought me one of her wooden toys that goes to her doll house. It is a little patio table complete with an umbrella. It had been broken and needed to be glued back together. So I told her to go and put it on my work table in my craft room. She came back upstairs just as excited as could be... "Mom there is water on the floor" So yeah my first question was "What do you mean?" She just looked at me with this confused look like "Geeze mom are you stupid... how much more clear do you need me to be?"

So I head downstairs while she goes and tells her father... yep water on the carpet, water on the concrete and water on my craft room floor... poor wood laminate... it is toast. There is visable standing water not just a little puddle but all over the floor. My poor husband... comes running downstairs... We start emptying out the storage room the where the majority of the water is. While I'm going through stuff and doing damage control, my husband is frantically trying to find the source of the water... He couldn't find it. No water on the ceiling... walls, pipes... nothing just on the floor... but the water doesn't stink like sewer water so we are just not sure where the water is coming from. Clean up continues and hubby decides to sent me out to run a couple of errands with the kids.

One reason could be that there were bags sitting on the floor in my craft room. Like the bag from the funeral home for my dad. My paper bag that I carrry to crops. All of it is ruined... I just think he wanted me out of the house so he could deal with it instead of me... he is thoughtful... By the time I got home he had is all cleaned up and he helped me go through all of it. Of course I'm bawling because my dad's obituaries are ruined. All my paper, some pictures of my dad... I just can't even begin to express how upsetting that is...

Is it too early for me to want 2009 to be over with?

No comments: